What is Amazon Posts:
Amazon post is the new social media for Amazon. Amazon Posts takes Instagram like images and blog posts content to portray your brand story so relevant shoppers can discover new products on Amazon. This is only available for brands that are brand registered with a professional storefront, which are located in the United States.
Sellers are constantly looking for innovative ways to differentiate themselves on Amazon. Amazon Posts provides them with a creative way to present their products in multiple features and best of all its FREE ad placement as well – for now. It gives customers the convenience to discover new products from brand-specific feed to product category feeds.
Benefits of Amazon Posts:
- Amazon Posts are currently FREE. However, at a later date Amazon will start charging for them so it’s important to get on it as soon as possible
- There is no minimum or maximum of how many posts your brand can have. However, its recommended that you have at least 3 posts per a product so its get the maximum visibility
- Amazon automates the placement of your Posts in related feeds, competitor sites and your Amazon Storefront
- Sellers can use posts to curate content and gain a competitive edge over their rivals
- Brands may utilize posts to share engaging content. The longer a customers spends on the post the more likely they are to purchase your product
How to make your Amazon Posts Successful:
- Add a banner in your profile – where the logo and brand name is shown
- Post consistently – it requires at least 3 posts when starting out
- Brands can view engagement metrics at https://posts.amazon.com to better understand what type of content resonates with customers. Data sheets, which can be downloaded there as well, are formatted to display viewable impressions, total engagement, click to detail page, clicks to brand feed, clicks to related feeds, clicks to show products, click to expand caption and engagement rate.
- Posts are currently free to use. However, Amazon often launches features as free and adds fees later on. PR Brand Marketing urges its clients to proactively participate in the beta stages of many Amazon releases, which are ideal for testing.
- Amazon takes the guesswork out of where to place your Posts by automatically placing them in relevant feeds, products and competitors.
- You can create unlimited Posts. More Posts means more chances to populate different brand, category, and related feeds. Ultimately, this increases brand visibility and awareness and more importantly sales.
How to Qualify?
In order to be eligible for Amazon Posts you must be a vendor or seller on Amazon.com. Its currently only available for Amazon US and you must have a professional and active Amazon Storefront to qualify.
How to Upload your Amazon Posts:
- Go to posts.amazon.com
- Use your advertisement console keys to log in
- Make your personal profile
- Double check the brand name
- Upload your brands logo
- Begin uploading your posts
How it works:
- The brand logo and brand name – The logo needs to be an image in a 1×1 ratio with a resolution of 640×640 pixels or higher. To the right of the brand logo and brand, there’s a “Follow” option that customers can use to stay updated with your content.
- In the middle the page is the custom image – It highlights the product or tells the brand’s story. The custom image is displayed in a 1×1, 16×9 or 4×3 ratio. Just like the brand logo, the resolution has to be 640×640 pixels or higher. File formats supported are JPG and PNG.
- You will find the “show products” option to the bottom-right of the custom image.
- Below the custom image is the caption text. This is where you can communicate with a call to action button. The caption must always be in the primary language of the respective marketplace. It should always convey information clearly and accurately.
- The product is tagged under particular categories pertaining to the product. When tapping on the category tag it takes the customers to a vertical feed of category-related products.
On Amazon the average conversion rate is 9.55 percent. Of course, these averages vary on the niche. When it comes to Amazon the post the average conversion rate is 1.33 percent. Posts are converting very well due to the lack of competition.
What’s included in an Amazon Post:
- Brand Name and Logo
- Social Media like images
- Blog Posts Articles
- Icons that says “Show Product” tapping on the page, you can hide or reveal more information about the product, price, star rating and prime eligibility
- Text for the highlighted caption – Brands may use custom captions to illustrate key attributes, emphasize on branding, and convey on a call to action
- Tags for different categories – Like we have on Social Media hashtags, on Amazon the posts have particular tags that are the search terms for your product. Amazon can automatically tag your posts with the appropriate category tag. When a shopper taps on a category tag, a vertical feed of posts appear pertaining to that specific category.
Where are posts found:
- Product Detail Page
- Related Product Page
- Category Feed
- Related Brand Detail Feed
- Amazon Storefront
Carousel ads are found on detail pages where customers can swipe through. Tapping on a post redirects shoppers to another feed with related posts. By tapping “Show Product” it takes the user to the product detail page where they can make the purchase.
Importance when preparing your posts:
- Introduce your product with accurate statement and descriptions
- Use language suitable for common audience
- Tell your brand story and unique propositions
- Get shoppers excited about your product
Don’t include the following in your posts:
X Contact Information (emails, web addresses, and phone numbers)
X Promote Deals or add discounts in your content
X Language that is inappropriate or hard to understand
X Recycle the same content or lifestyle images from your listing, make it unique
On 5/3/2021 a client posted an Amazon Post we created for him and this is the results the received within JUST 2 weeks.
|Viewable impressions||Total engagement||Clicks to detail page||Clicks to brand feed||Clicks to related feed||Clicks to expand caption||Clicks to brand store||Engagement rate|
Using Amazon Post is very similar to other Social Media platforms, like other platforms the more you post the better the opportunity to receive sales from potential customers. Therefore it’s vital to post content consistently to stand out from your competitors. In addition, post do very well based on longevity, so older posts do a better job of ranking than newer posts.